Friday, September 26, 2008

fools in wonderland

once upon a time
this would have turned me on
deeper than sensual
beyond etherea
lsomething i feel is long gone

once upon the time
this would have inspired
such a flood of words
beyond the bees and birds
deepest dreams desired

but now i think the words are stale and cold
now i feel the muse is growing old
giving up or just resting
or pretending it's nesting
could it be because the soul was sold?

even in my dreams i am lonely these days
i don't really listen when the music plays
i don't trust the outside world anymore
i've gotten use to sleeping on the floor

and i woke to discover
i had lost my dream lover
and i'm not sure if i want to care

i live deep inside my head
where kaleidoscopes are fed
i love deep inside my head
where i can hear what i never said

and if i never come out
i will leave the world with doubt
was i ever really as sure
as i seemed to be sometimes
deep within my rhymes

i don't have to be anything for anyone outside of myself
and but i can dream i am
understand

once upon a time of never ending
i lived in a rhyme of real pretending
alive awake and dreaming
whatever could it mean?
something about something about friending

and if nobody believes me
and even you doubt who i am
i'll be throwing a party inside
understand
no one here but us fools in wonderland

no one here but us fools in wonderland

September 25, 2008

No comments: